With the introduction of Dermapen’s predecessor’s in 2011, Microneedling was revolutionised with the first automated technology.
The launch of Dermapen 4 sets a new standard and benchmark that delivers the ultimate in advanced and innovative microneedling with unsurpassed confidence, service and outstanding patient results.
What can Dermapen 4 be used for?
- Skin tightening.
- Natural collagen induction.
- Lifting and rejuvenation.
- Reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Reducing pigmentation and sun damage.
- Reducing acne scars, surgical scars and wound healing.
Here at The Aesthetic Laser Centre we pride ourselves in offering you the best service by using only the TOP OF THE RANGE products and procedures.
What is DermaPen 4?
Dermapen, micro-needling is a popular treatment that uses multiple tiny, vertical needles to create micro-channels deep in the skin to stimulate collagen and elastin production. These microchannels are able to carry topical ingredients like peptides, growth factors or hyaluronic acid deep into the dermis. The latest DermaPen device is the DermaPen 4 which Dr Andre Kepler & Dr Timothy Perks recommend to their patients in their practice.
What to Expect
- Topical Numbing Cream: Yes, applied 15 minutes prior to treatment to minimize discomfort.
- Sensation: Slight prickling sensation
- Discomfort Level: No pain, minimal discomfort due to numbing cream
- Side Effects: Skin barrier temporarily disrupted some dryness and tightness. Redness and inflammation – lasts 1-2 days depending on the depth of micro-needling.
- Caution: Can trigger cold sores.
Post-DermaPen 4 Tips
- Do not use oral non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents or cool the skin after your treatment as this may reduce the efficacy of the treatment.
- Use a mild cleanser and hydrating products as the skin will be dry.
- Do not gym or do heat-inducing exercise immediately after treatment.
- Some flaking and peeling can occur, do not use harsh scrubs or exfoliants to speed up the process.
- Once the microchannels are closed use a good post-peel skin barrier repair cream (supplied by your Therapist) to support the barrier as it normalizes.
- Resume active ingredients like retinol or AHAs between 5-7 days post-treatment once the skin has settled.
- Use a melanin-inhibiting product 4 weeks prior to your Dermapen treatment if you are prone to pigmentation.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least a week after the peel and use a high factor, broad-spectrum sunscreen if you need to be outdoors.
60 Bonza Bay
Tel: 043 748 2805
Emergency contact 0000000000
Mon: 08:00 – 17:00
Tues: 08:00 – 17:00
Wed: 08:00 – 17:00
Thu: 08:00 – 17:00
Fri: 08:00 – 17:00
Public holidays: Closed
TREATMENTS WE OFFER
Laser hair/vein removal
Neostrata Chemical peel
Obagi Radiance peel
Skinceuticals Chemical peel
Zo chemical peel
SkinTech TCA Chemical peel
Dermapen 4 Micro-needling
IPL photo facial
Fractional Co2 resurfacing
BriliantTan Spray Tan
Bio Sculpture gel nails