The GentleMax Pro can effectively remove unwanted brown sun damage spots and benign keratoses without scarring.
The skin should be shielded from sun exposure before and after treatment for the best results. Some spots may require more than one treatment.
The GentleMax Pro can also treat diffuse sun damage which is often seen on the face, neck, chest and arms. Depending on the extent of sun damage, a series of treatments may be necessary. At the Aesthetic Laser Centre we have seen significant improvement with each treatment.
Benefits Of Gentlemax Pro Treatments
- Lightening and removing “sun spots”, “age spots”, and brown blotches on the face, neck, chest, hands and other areas of the body
- Lightening and reducing redness, dilated blood vessels and “broken” blood vessels on the face, neck and chest
- Helping to control flushing
- Removal of Seborrheic Keratosis
What is Seborrheic Keratosis
Seborrheic keratoses are the most common benign tumor found in older individuals. Seborrheic keratoses have a variety of clinical appearances and they develop from the proliferation of epidermal cells.
They often appear on the back or chest, but can occur on any part of the body. Seborrheic keratoses grow slowly, in groups or singly. Most people will develop at least one seborrheic keratosis during their lifetime. Although no specific etiologic factors have been identified, they occur more frequently in sunlight-exposed areas. The Gentlemax Pro produces an intense beam of light that burns and destroys the growth.
Laser light cleans (sterilizes) and seals as it cuts tissue, which reduces bleeding, pain, and healing time.
- Don’t suntan or use a tanning bed, self tan or any pigment enhancing treatments
- Do not use depilatory creams on treatment area
- Do not apply any RetinA, topical cortisone creams or anything that can cause light sensitivity
Areas treated by the laser(s) will be sensitive during the initial 7-10 day healing phase, and must be treated with care.As a result, your response to treatment will not be evaluated until after this initial healing phase is completed – typically 4-6 weeks after treatment.
- Showers are permitted, but prolonged bathing is not advised. Heat, hot water, sauna, hot tub, and such will cause the treatment site to get inflamed and swell more. Do not rub with a towel or washcloth, because the area is extremely delicate while healing.
- Any discomfort you feel (usually not lasting more than 6 hours) should be relieved with the advised product.
- Do not tan the area treated. Use a sunscreen with an SPF 50 throughout the course of treatment. Avoid direct sun exposure on the site until the area is fully healed.
- Avoid swimming and contact sports while the skin is healing, especially if there is any crusting of the area treated.
- Do not pop any blisters, or pick any scabs. Call your Laser Therapist if you get a blister.
- Do not apply make-up or skin rejuvenation products to the site for 24 hours.
- Everyone heals differently, depending on your particular condition, the type of laser you were treated with, and the way your skin reacts to the laser.
Complications of treatment with the the Gentlemax Pro laser are uncommon. Dark discoloration (hyperpigmentation) of the treated area is unlikely to occur and would fade over months; however, it is important to avoid sun exposure after treatment to minimize this risk. It is important to follow instructions regarding aspirin and ibuprofen in order to avoid bruising. Laser light cannot penetrate deeper than the skin and will not harm internal organs, but goggles must be worn to protect the eyes. Some lesions may not be completely cleared by the treatment, requiring more treatments at additional cost.
60 Bonza Bay
Tel: 043 748 2805
Emergency contact 0000000000
Mon: 08:00 – 17:00
Tues: 08:00 – 17:00
Wed: 08:00 – 17:00
Thu: 08:00 – 17:00
Fri: 08:00 – 17:00
TREATMENTS WE OFFER
Laser hair/vein removal
Neostrata Chemical peel
Obagi Radiance peel
Skinceuticals Chemical peel
Zo chemical peel
SkinTech TCA Chemical peel
Dermapen 4 Micro-needling
IPL photo facial
Fractional Co2 resurfacing
BriliantTan Spray Tan
Bio Sculpture gel nails